We are officially in the throws of NYFW!
It’s an exciting time, filled with the best of the best when it comes to fashion. It’s also an amazing time to network, and you guessed it! Make new friends.
Photo Credit: thatjack.com
Some of my very best friends that I’ve made in the past three years of living in New York are the ones I’ve met during NYFW. And in case you’re wondering, I went alone to most of the events where I met them!
Here are some tips to help you make some newfound friends this week…
- Don’t be so nervous! Everyone feels anxious talking to new people. But remember that if someone is at fashion week, you already have one HUGE thing in common. You both LOVE fashion! That should already make you feel a little at ease.
- Have approachable body language. Smile! Look enthused to be there. You should be excited because it’s fashion week, but don’t be afraid to greet people with a smile. Avoid crossing your arms, or looking down at your phone. Fashion week only comes but twice a year! Embrace every moment.
- If you’re standing around in line, compliment the person next to you. But only do this if you genuinely like their style and what they are wearing. Anyone can see past being inauthentic.
- Another great conversation starter is to ask if the person next to you has been to that particular show before. You can of course afterwards ask if they are from New York, or if they are visiting…etc.
- Ask for their Insta! These days, everyone has an instagram account, so ask them to put their handle into your phone. Then, scroll around until you spot something you love and tell them so! Invite them to tell you more about the photo you “liked”. This is also an amazing way to stay connected after fashion week, and you can go back after the week is over and ask them to coffee. 🙂
I hope these tips help you! Have you made any friends at fashion week? If yes, then who? Tell me in the comments below!
Featured Photo Credit: The Cut
February 21st, 2018 at 2:44 pm
wow great tips please share tips related how to attend fashion week?
1 Comment on How to Make Friends at Fashion Week