When I first moved to New York, there was a plethora that I didn’t know. There are so many things that I wasn’t expecting. Most of all I wasn’t expecting to become so fiercely obsessed with living here. Living in NYC is so exciting but there are some things that most people don’t realize about having an apartment in the Big Apple.
- A washer and dryer is an enormous luxury and way harder to come by then you’d ever imagine. The majority of New Yorkers don’t have a washer in unit. You’re considered lucky if the washer is in the building. Don’t worry though, you can always use a service that washes, AND folds- then delivers!
- Making changes to the fixtures and walls is considered a big no-no by most leases- which is why peel-able wallpaper is so incredible. You can change the entire look and feel of your space without upsetting your landlord. This one is by Yaira Singer for Muse Wall Studio and you can buy it here! I love this wallpaper because you can select the size you want, so that it fits in seamlessly! Best of all is no damage is done when it’s time to move, or simply change it up with a new wallpaper- which makes it perfect for renters and buyers alike. Happy super- happy life!
- You won’t really use your kitchen as much as you think. Sure it might be nice to use your cast iron skillet but that $1 slice place under your apartment is calling your name. And we have a little friend named Seamless that delivers your favorite restaurant dinners usually under an hour. May I suggest virtually any bodega’s pastrami sandwich? J
- Remember that episode in Sex and the City when Carrie says, “in New York, you’re always looking for a boyfriend, a job, or an apartment”? Truer words have never been spoken. I’m currently on the prowl for a new apartment (one that may hopefully include a washing machine at long last!)
- You’ll never want to live absolutely anywhere else. New York has culture, food, and tai chi in Bryant Park on the weekends. What more could anyone want? If you’re not sold yet, I have two words for you. Sample. Sales.
Installing the wallpaper couldn’t be easier- just peel and stick. No water or glue necessary! This is truly a dream if you’re like me and just want to switch it up every once and awhile. Muse has even taken the guesswork out of everything buy giving you this handy guide
. Still feeling nervous? Don’t worry- they have another guide
for that too!
The ‘Lines and Lilac” print is my absolute favorite, and I feel like it really resonates a more high end luxury feeling. I personally plan on putting it up as an accent wall for my foyer! The design elements in the wallpaper would normally cost anywhere from $2K and upwards, so if you’re looking for an amazing and affordable way to change up your home (and not upset your super!!) Yaira Singer wallpaper has you covered!
This post was sponsored by Yaira Wallpaper for Muse Wall Studio- all opinions are my own.